What is Jailbreak? In simple terms is to release your iDevice (iPod / iPhone / iPhone) and install all kinds of things through Cydia. What is Cydia? It is a similar application to the App Store but allows us to add functionality tweaks on our iDevice and themes to enhance and change the appearance. Our iDevice MUST NOT HAVE PASSWORD for this procedure, I will show, through photos, the steps to perform the Jailbreak in a 4S iPhone 5.1.1
Note that this process does not erase our information on the iDevice, just adds an application (Cydia), and it’s a Jailbreak Unthetered, this means we can shutdown or restart our device and the jailbreak will be there.
It is completely reversible, don’t worry about losing your device’s warranty. If you want to take it back to “normal state”, just save your backup and restore your phone from it.
But enough of that, better go to the steps; click on the photos to enlarge. They show a 4S iPhone but can be done on an iPad or an iPod as well.
1. – Connect our iDevice, check for updates and get this version 5.1.1 (as shown in photos)
2. – Wait for our iDevice to be updated (in case it’s not in 5.1.1).
3. – Download this program called Absinthe for the Jailbreak.
4. – Install or Mount the program.
5. – Open the program and we will get this. Click where it says Jailbreak, it will close iTunes (if you have it open). Then wait until the process finishes.
6. – During the procedure our iDevice will appear as if it were being restored.
– If your device is in an older version and not iOS 5 the information will be erased during the update; we recommend doing this process on the PC or Mac that you normally use so you have the backup of your data.
– Later we will post the best applications that can be downloaded through Cydia.
– All the credits for the Jailbreak goes to the Dev-Team